|Department:||Supply Chain Management
|Job Title:||Supply Chain - Category Manager
|Description:||Automated Packaging Systems, Inc., headquartered in Streetsboro, Ohio is the recognized leader in flexible packaging. We design and manufacture state-of-the-art packaging machinery and and bagging materials, and back them with the industry's largest service organization. Our employees earn competitive salaries and enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k), and employee stock ownership.|
We have an opportunity for a Category Manager at our Corporate Office who will be responsible for defining and executing supply strategies on all categories of materials and service purchased for the Machinery and Plastics businesses. This position serves as the primary commercial and business relationship contact for assigned suppliers. The Category Manager will define supply strategies that support the 5 year strategic objectives of APS, with input from internal customers and knowledge of supply market demands.
1. Manages approximately $70 million in spend strategically across categories in Machinery and Plastics businesses. Categories include polymeric resins, inks and chemicals, mechanical and electrical items and outside processes.
· Defines and executes supply strategies that will assist the company in achieving its 5-yr strategic objectives.
· Achieves defined targets for cost reduction and supplier performance.
· Leads projects for cost reduction and supplier performance management.
· Serves as local expert in economics of supply markets, demonstrating knowledge of availability, cost drivers, standards and capacities.
· Identifies supply risks in terms of availability and costs of materials and applies prudent action to mitigate to Operations.
· Reports on cost changes, status of projects, supply risks and economic drivers.
2. Participates in new product development projects as advance buyer. Identifies sources for components based on existing agreements, available external capacities and cost and performance metrics.
3. Negotiates and manages key strategic supplier contracts that are consistent with defines supply strategies.
4. Creates and leads cross-functional teams for supporting and managing Supply Chain and Operations goals and objectives.
5. Benchmarks supply management processes and develops and implements best practices throughout APS supply chain groups.
6. Provide support to planning and Procurement functions on supply issues as required.